Our transport team designed seven intersections, two major roundabouts and a secondary arterial road approximately 7km long linking the community amenities as part of their comprehensive work in the area.
Ratio’s transport team was involved with the Mt Atkinson and Tarneit Plains Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) during Draft Structure Plan Preparation Stages in 2016.
After the PSP was gazetted, the team provided a range of due diligence advice, master planning services, assisted with the preparation of numerous planning applications at multiple stages and provided expert evidence to guide the delivery of transport infrastructure on the parcel of land in the Western Growth Corridor.
The team responded to constraints imposed by existing infrastructure to complete precinct designs for residential community of Mt. Atkinson, Grandview and Melbourne Business Park.
The Mt Atkinson precinct provides residential offerings in line with the density requirements of the PSP providing approximately 5,000 dwellings across its 50ha. Stockland’s Mt. Atkinson masterplanned community is currently under development with provisions by Ratio’s transport team for the site including:
- Design of the realigned Greigs Road as Grand Boulevard, which included five major intersections and three additional intersections for estate access.
- Department of Transport and Planning leading example of a Diversion Road treatment for the construction of Hopkins Road and Grand Boulevard intersection.
- Coordinated design of Mt Atkinson and Tarneit Plains PSP road network to facilitate the evolving nature of residential development masterplan.
- Interim Access management design for early residents as the development works progressed.
- Car parking support for the unique Vision Centre, which will enable future residents to engage with the neighbourhood.